Thursday, July 23, 2009

E-mail 7-20-09



Hey family,
So how are you guys this week? I am doing good, I have been kinda home sick but its ok.

I baptized again so that was good, his name is Felix. He is a really cool guy but it was "The Impossible Baptism." We had to work so hard to get him ready to be baptized and then yesterday when we got to the church to fill up the baptismal font the water didn't work at all!!! We had to go out side to the church water tank (here every one has under ground water tanks kind of like wells) and get a bucket with a hose tied to it as a rope and lower it into the water tank and pull water out then dump it into other buckets and then kids carried them to the font and threw the water in. It took 3 hours of none stop work to get it done. It was such a pain I hated! Today my arms hurt so bad I can't move them cuz most of the time I was the one pulling the water up out of the well! I bet it took 2000 buckets of water to fill the font but it was worth it. The water was freezing cuz we couldn't warm it up at all, so when I dunked Felix he came out of the water and squealed. It was a super long yet cool day. I will always remember it that's for sure. We did all that work in are white shirts and ties so afterwords we were so dirty.

This week we had interviews with president, they were really good. I'm getting a new comp next week which will be good. I asked president for a native comp who can't speak English so I have to use Spanish. So I am going to learn Spanish fast now I hope cuz I won't be able to use English at all so that will be good for me.

Not much else cool has happened. The family we were supposed to baptize this week won't even talk to us now so I don't really know what to do about that, I'll just keep trying I guess.

I weighed myself and I have lost 35 pounds, I don't think I will lose anymore though cuz I am able to eat the food here now.

That's about it, thanks for everything.

Love you all,
Elder Fackler

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to thank you for sharing. I love missionary emails.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete