Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hey family
Hey what's up? So First off the thing we climbed was a volcano I think. I'm not totally sure cuz no one knows the word in English. They were all Mexicans that went with me.

Mom for Christmas I need new shoes. Mine are OK for now but are starting to come apart. I think they will be fine till like Feb or March but not after that. The problem is the others you sent me have already started coming apart and they hurt my feet to walk in. So I still use the Rockports everyday cuz they are super comfortable and have been holding up good till this week. They started wearing threw the rubber on the heel.

It is starting to get cold here and I'm wishing I had got one of those weird V neck sweaters. Mexico does get cold I have figured out in the last 2 weeks. My big coat is to hot and no coat is to cold. Anyways it is true, Mexico does get cold.

I haven't got my birthday box yet. I think I'll get it on the 19th cuz that is when we have the next interview with president and that is when we get our boxes. I have been praying for it to get here so I'm sure it will get here safe if I have faith!

This week has been OK. We found a cool family but they have a lot of problems. It is a family of 6 and they are all baptized but inactive. The problem is the 2 oldest sons have girlfriends and the girlfriends are both pregnant. They live with the sons in the families house. The girlfriends wanna get baptized the problem is we have got to get them married first and one of them divorced from her last husband. We have got some work to do but they are very cool people. They have been reading and praying and got answers and everything so that part of it is good. One of the girls said after she read 3 Nephi 11 she had a dream that she was in the scriptures when Christ visited the Americas and got to see him, it was super cool!

My birthday party didn't happen. The family forgot about it but oh well its OK. Halloween here is so much different. The kids trick-or-treat for 3 days and everyone goes to there families graves and sleeps there and has parties in the grave yard. They sell food and all kinds of stuff. It is was way cool here. It's weird to remember how scared I was to come here and how crazy I felt at first. Now it's all just normal stuff that would blow your minds and it is just normal for me! Mexico kinda feels like home. I want you and Dad and Angela to come visit once with me, after my mission to see what my life has been like. We will go in combies, eat tacos at the street vender's, visit the cool Catholic churches and eat tamales. It will be way fun OK.

I got a new shirt it is an Abercrombie and Fitch shirt and its a large. I look super good in it!!! Ill send you guys a picture next week. I got it in the tanges for 3 dollars. It's a large or an X large, it says large but I'm not sure, It fits good and I like it cuz I could never wear those clothes before!!!

That is about it family. Bridger looked super good in his pics with Brecken. RJ looks good too, I am proud of both of them. I love you all tons! Can't wait to talk to you all.
Hope Bridger's call comes this week cuz I wanna talk to you all!
I love you guys!
Love Elder Fackler

No comments:

Post a Comment