Monday, May 18, 2009

First E-mail from Mexico

Hey Fam,
So my area lets start there: haha I live in the most ghetto part of my mission, it is super poor and there is graffiti everywhere. There are dogs everywhere, like on the roof and everywhere else. They put them on the roof cuz no one has yards. There are tons of little apartments. It's just crazy my apartment roof is my height. I have to duck. It's one room maybe the size of our front room it has no fridge and is super small. It was so nasty when I got here I cleaned every morning for like an hour so now it is not to bad. We have to clean in the morning cuz we only have running water in the morning. That is the only time you can shower is in the morning but at least it has a shower. It's so different here, like the trash man is a guy in a wagon being pulled by donkeys. Ya me and Ross got the wrong mission calls, this is his kind of place, and like people walk around smoking pot and stuff. I cantt wear my watch or carry money cuz my area is way bad and they don't want me to get robed. So ya that's my area the ghetto of Mexico City.

OK the food: I ate an earth worm, I have pics haha. They were deep fried earth worms to so they were kinda like earth worm chips they don't really taste they just stick in your teeth. I'm not kidding other then that the food is just FIRE HOT and it's really hard for me to eat. I am going to look like Uncle Blaine by the end of this. I have been a little sick the whole time since i got here I am pretty sure I drank tap water. But I'll be OK the food is just so different, there is no in the middle it is either way, way good or so, so, so sick. They eat alot of soup which is hard for me cuz it is weird soup but I'll get used to it. I'm glad you have been praying for me, I have been pretty homesick here. It's hard to only email once a week. I would like letters in the pouch too. Just send me as much as you can.

OK my comp: he is a way good teacher and a super cool guy. He had problems with the rules before me but I just told him we are going to be obedient and we have been. So that is good, he is from Chiwawa Mexico. He has had me sing "Be Still My Soul" in English like 5 times to different families cuz they don't have it in Spanish. So I sing it to people alot which is cool. They didn't really have much success before I got here. We had 0 on everything. Now we have 8 new investigators and one with a baptismal date. So ya we worked hard this week and we will keep working hard.

That's about it here it's just all so different, dirty and crowded but it is good. Everyday gets better and I'm starting to feel happy again. Tell everyone I love them. All of you are the best I couldn't do this without you. I love you all so, so, so much keep me in your prayers k. I'll write next week
Love
Elder Fackler

No comments:

Post a Comment