Monday, May 25, 2009

E-mail 5-25-09

Hey Family,
So this week has been amazing, we found this mom and her son last Sunday morning and now on Sat. they are both getting baptized! So that's good, I have my first 2 baptisms. My companion is really good, he is keeping all of the rules with me and is working really hard.

OK lets see, I got rocks thrown at me. We were walking and someone threw a huge rock at us but it missed so it's all good. I get hit on by girls a lot. It's weird, just because I'm white they hit on me. It's stupid and weird but it doesn't matter cuz I can't understand them. My comp just tells me about it, like the other night we were walking home and these girls were walking behind us talking loud so my comp had me walk past the apartment and go around the block till they stopped following us and he said they were asking me if I wanted to hook up and all this nasty stuff. And this 70 year old lady told me how handsome I was it's creepy. I need Angela to come protect me. I got hit on by a gay guy, so she really needs to come protect me. I have not seen white people at all so that's why they hit on me cuz I'm white.

I have had some of the best food of my life. There is a hamburger stand that OH my gosh, AMAZING!!! The members food has all been way good this week and I'm feeling better. I was super sick Wed. and Thur. with the flu. I found out the last missionary to have my bed had Swine Flu so I think I might have had it, but I'm good now.

I am really starting to love it here, we are working super hard and trying to get people to church. Church here is crazy there are 350 members and 47 go to church. We have got some work to do but it's good. A drunk guy came up and kept touching me wanting me to speak English but we are not supposed to cuz our area is way ghetto and we will get robbed. Finally my comp told him I was going to lay him out if he didn't stop so he did.

So I have lost more weight. I took my suit pants in to be taken in because they are just falling off. My face has gotten thinner. I don't really have fat cheeks anymore but I think since I am starting to get used to the food and my mouth being ON FIRE I will start to steady out. I am getting super tan. The weather is super nice it's 80 with clouds but still sunny. It just rains everyday at about 7 which sucks but the rest of the day is great.
Mom can you send me a hymn book in English ASAP please. They ask me to sing in English all the time so please send me one.

So about my size... I am a giant. Everyone says stuff but I can't understand so ya I am huge here. Oh there are these kids in this apartment complex that always follow me saying washu, washu, washu, they are trying to speak English but they can't so they follow me. They are my parade ha ha! Now they think I don't speak English cuz I talked to them in Spanish and said I didn't know English.

OK so my bed sucks!!! It was John Taylor's mattress on his mission. But it's all good, I have learned so much about the church, I love it. I love my study time, it's my favorite time of the day, I have learned so much.

I had cow head and upper legs and intestine tacos yum! They really were not to bad I just pretend it is Fear Factor ha ha.

So Jorden's Court of Honor was good, I'm glad.

I didn't know till I got hear what a mission would do for me but this is teaching me so much. How to work threw my own feelings about the gospel, to love people I have just met, to help people and to get my own testimony of the church. I am also learning how to work threw problems. I am just learning so much everyday, I love it!

I love you guys, I am doing so much better and Spanish is coming a day at a time. Pretty soon I'll be Mexican I promise. I love all of you so much, I can't believe I am an 8th of the way done.

Later!
Love,
Elder Fackler

No comments:

Post a Comment