Friday, May 1, 2009

Swine Flu

Many of our friends and family have called wondering if Austin will be flying to Mexico City on Monday May 4th as scheduled. He was able to call us Wed. the 29th to tell us that his departure has been delayed until at least the 6th and maybe longer depending on what happens with the flu in Mexico. He sounded GREAT!!! He was upbeat and excited and actually a little disappointed that he was not getting to leave as planned. He said he already had one bag packed and weighed. He also bore his testimony to me in Spanish and even though I didn't understand many of the words he said his amazing spirit filled my heart and I FELT every word! He is excited and ready to get out into the world and share the great message he has in his heart. He made me laugh when he told me he had just finished the Book of Mormon and he said "Mom that is an awesome book it has everything, action, adventure, wars, and most important the spirit of Christ, what took me so long to get into it. It was just so amazing." Isn't it so cool what the spirit can help you find. We are just so proud of him.
I will keep you all posted as to what is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment