Tuesday, September 15, 2009

E-mail 9-14-09

Hey family,

What's up everyone? How is life going? I'm doing OK. My new area is very different, I have mixed emotions about it and my comp. First I'll start with my area. It is so big I have to take buses everywhere which sucks cuz I am using so much time to get anywhere and I feel like I never have any time to teach people. In this area if you have 5 or 6 lessons a day you are flying threw the day cuz you use so much time to get anywhere. I feel like all I do is walk and take buses. In my old area I could cross the whole thing in 20 min. walking. Here to walk across the area would take 2 hours at least. The area its self is cool. It's a big city and a rich part of Mexico. Every one has cars and my house is way bigger. I fixed the boiler cuz you know how I am, I didn't wanna shower with a bucket. I had a guy in the ward come help me fix it, so now it works good! My house is good, I cleaned it so that helped. The wards here are really nice. They work with the missionaries alot more and that helps! They have malls here so that's cool. This area is the closest to the states you can get so that's cool.

My comp is OK. He is not really lazy, he just has an "I don't care" attitude, which is hard for me cuz I feel like I care so much. We have a deal, I bought this super cool green tie in my last area and he wants it so bad. He has tried to give me stuff and buy it from me, so we made a deal...if we baptize 10 people in this transfer I'll give it to him! So that's our little deal. He knows how to baptize, for two months he had the most baptisms in the mission. One month he baptized 21 people!!! So we made the deal, we baptize 10 in the next 5 weeks, he gets the tie. He is working again. His last comp was super serious so I just make it fun and act like I used to at home. We are having fun and working. As for my ward, they think I am so cool. They all love me!!! I just acted like I act at home in all their houses but spiritual at the same time and they all like me. I just look ugly cuz I have a freaking eye infection and have had to use my glasses all week. My first week here and I look like a big nerd! I called the doctor finally yesterday and got some drops to kill it but the drops were 25 dollars. I wanted to cry!!!
The food here is good. I had spaghetti and mashed potatoes, it was soooooo good. My weight is balancing out I think but I'm still working out, sit ups and push-ups cuz its my new goal to be super sexy when I get home. I'm learning love songs in Spanish so when I get home I'll be hot and sing love songs in Spanish. I will use them on Angela so she won't think I'm a weird missionary like when Ross got home!!! hahaha (Don't tell him I used him as an example of a weird missionary!!!)

I love it here, I feel like I am learning to be like Bishop Cheney, super cool yet spiritual at the same time. I joke with everyone like when I was at home but at the same time I teach people about the church and show my spiritual side too.

I have been studying really hard this week about Christs attributes. Yesterday I made a list of all the things I need to change to be more like Christ and to be the best missionary I can be. I only told you this so I can ask you to pray for me, I have got alot of work to do... it was a looooooong list!!! hahahahahahah

That's all the time I've got. Don't stress about me, I'll be ok, I always am and always will be!!!
I love you!
Elder Fackler

No comments:

Post a Comment