Tuesday, September 29, 2009

E-mail 9-28-09


Hey family,
This week has been OK I have had alot of chances to grow. First of all on Wed. I had to go into the middle of the city to see the doctor cuz my eye infection would not go away. It was all good except for the metro those stupid under ground trains. Here in Mexico they pack those metros so tight you can't move at all. When you are as big as me they pack you in even tighter. I have never been so violated in all my life!!! I got touched every where!!! Not fun!!! Then when we had to get off I kept saying "Excuse me!" and every one just ignored me. Finally the doors were getting ready to close again so the missionary I was with who was behind me just started to shove. So I did too. I just kind of played football again and shoved my way threw. Everyone was very upset with me since I am 6ft. 8in and they were all 5 ft Mexicans. I threw about 10 of them. We got out but they were not to happy!

We baptized again this week. He is a 17 year old kid named Jorge. He is really cool but his baptism was nuts. The pila wouldn't fill with water so we had to go to the stake center to have his baptism. So we ran to the stake center then me and one of the youth ran to pick up the three ladies we were confirming then we ran back to the church. It was just crazy but it all worked out in the end. I baptized again which is good and we have 1 for this week too!

Sat. I was feeling super down. Me and my comp had been fighting, I had a really bad head cold and I had not slept much because of going to the doctor. We had been knocking doors and contacting people in the street for 3 and a half hours. I was just starting to think this was the worst thing on earth and why the crap am I here! We were knocking on the last door in an apartment complex and at this last door a 21 year old guy answered. I started talking to him about are message, figuring he was going to slam the door in my face like every one else. Then in the middle of me talking he said, "I always see you guys and wanted to ask you some questions but I never do. Please come in." So we went in and he asked us things like, who pays for our missions? How long is a mission? Do we talk to are families? Were we normal before? We answered him and then taught him the first lesson. He paid such close attention and had such good questions and answered all are questions. He is just so ready to receive the gospel it is amazing. I was with a different missionary who has only been out 3 weeks so I talked alot. I could feel the spirit teaching threw me. It was so cool.

I am so glad that when we feel the very most lost and down and start to wonder why, God gives us experiences to pull us up and get our focus back again. I just wanted to tell you about it cuz it really helped me!

The houses here are so small I am always hitting my head on everything. It's OK, I'll learning to have better reflex's or I'm going to be brain dead by the end from hitting my head!

So Bridger whats up with taking my girl on a date??? First you take my room all to your self, then you take my scooter and crash it... now your trying to steal my girl!!! Watch it man, I will get home some day and kill you! Come on, taking Angela on a date... you just went to far this time (hahahahhahaha) just kiddin! But for real, watch it bub!!!

I love you all so much. I'll write next week.
Love you all!
Love Elder Fackler




PS: I weighed at the Dr. and am down to 294, I haven't weighed that since I was 15. I may be skinny but I am still HANDSOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment