Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Great Story e-mail from 9-21-09


Hey Family,
So everyone, what's up? How is life? I'm doing good, I baptized 3 more people this week!!!They were three ladies who all live together and we baptized all of them. I baptized 2 and my comp. Baptized the other 1. I'm struggling with my comp. right now. We are having alot of problems. He doesn't wanna work and he wastes so much time doing really dumb stuff, like checking out girls all the time. He is disobedient and lazy so I'm having a hard time right now. I'm trying to figure out the best thing to do for the situation but its to the point that it has got to change or I'm going to break all the bones in his body! (Kind of LOL) I'm act like the Sr. comp. which is good cuz I'm learning alot and the wards love me. I hope I'm only with him for one transfer or I'm pretty sure I'll just kill him!!! (then I'll get a new comp.) It's hard cuz even when I push him he just goes at his own pace and I wanna work so hard!!!

My eye infection won't go away, if it's not gone by Wed. I have to go to an eye doctor. I'm still wearing my glasses and look like a freak hahaha. I hate it but oh well.

So this week I had a little kid open the door and I asked to talk to his Mom and Dad. So he yelled "MOM THERE IS A GIANT AND HIS FRIEND HERE FOR YOU!!!" it was so funny. All the youth in my ward have bets on how tall I am, it was so funny. Everyone just thinks I am the coolest giant in the world!

I had to give a talk for 10 min. in church on Sunday and they told us Sat. night at 10pm so I had like 5 min to get it ready. Anyway I was giving my talk and it was only about 6 min. long and they get mad if you go short. I didn't know what to do so I just sang...to my whole ward, by myself! It was so funny cuz I was talking about helping the missionaries with the work, so I just said "Your friends and family need Christ just as much as you do. So I want you all to close your eyes and I'm going to sing for you. I want you all to think about the people you know who need Christ. After the meeting give me there names and address so we can go teach them about Christ!" Then I sang I Need Thee Every Hour, in Spanish! A solo, with no piano! NO nothing! And ya after... I got 7 referrals and everyone told me how good I sing. Ha, so I guess it was good I sang at random.

That's about it, I love you all so much. I'll be OK don't stress cuz I have a crappy comp. You learn the most when life is crappy right!!!
Love you all so much!
Love Elder Fackler

No comments:

Post a Comment