Tuesday, March 16, 2010

E-Mail 3-8-10

Hey family what’s up?

This week has been very crazy ha-ha. First off on Sunday I baptized 3 people, it was cool but their baptisms were crazy I’ll explain why in a sec lol!

Last Monday I told you our district leader had a hernia, well he had to have surgery on it so from Tue. to Friday night I was in the hospital with him. Longest days of my life!!! It was good to be able to help him but I really wanted to be here in my area working. I spent the week with him then Friday morning in the hospital president called us and told me I was going to be the District Leader till he gets back… so ya I’m so stressed!!! I was stressed as a Sr. comp, now I am a District Leader too for a few weeks. My stress level is like a 9 out of 10 ha-ha. But I really love it I feel like I’m learning so much and becoming a better missionary which is really cool lol! I have a cell phone now for a few weeks, so that’s cool!!! I’m just the District Leader while he is getting better but its cool president trusted me. I don’t want to let him down.

So the whole week I was at the hospital and that’s why my baptisms were crazy! I had to do it all on Sat. Two of them I had to get ready on Sat. for the next day. They had to be interviewed and everything on Sat. to get baptized on Sunday and it was just crazy. Then Sunday the baptismal font was locked and we didn’t have keys, so in the middle of the baptism service I had to go back in to the service and jump the front wall into the font to open the door from the other side (in front of everyone) and the water was so cold!!! One of the girls I baptized, when she touched the water said a swear word cuz it was so cold and everyone heard!!! Ya it was just a crazy baptism but we had all three and that is what is important! I have another baptism this week so that is good. I’m starting to see alot of success let’s just hope I can keep it up.

Yesterday I ate some way gross stuff. I ate the bacteria that causes athletes foot!!!!!! Here they grow it on corn then serve it in tacos, they are called Ungos but its still bacteria so ya it was kind of gross. I also ate cow blood! They take it and put stuff in the cow blood to make it thick and then role it up in a piece of fat and serve it. I ate cow blood gross huh!!!

I had to give a talk today in front of the whole zone, 24 missionaries. I had to talk about how to get people to church for the first time. They had the 3 District Leaders talk about something and mine was “getting people to church for the first time.” I hope I did good and helped them, I was kind of nervous but I think I did good.

That is it for this week I’ll write next week ok. I love you all with all my heart. I hope it all works out for TJ and the baby. Tell everyone I said “hi” and tell Grandma I thought about her alot this week!

Love Elder Fackler

No comments:

Post a Comment