Tuesday, March 2, 2010

E-Mail 3-1-10

Hey family,

This week has been super good! First off I had 6 people in church for the first time and I had 10 in total, which is the most I think I have had in my mission so it was good. Also I have a baptism this week, her name is Nancy and I have two more possible, Laura and her son, pray for them so I can baptize all 3 of them cuz that will be sweet. So this week in the work was good we had a good week!!!

As for me and my comps as in 2 now ha-ha, ya I am in a 3-some cuz one of the missionaries didn’t get his companion. He works in the afternoon with a youth and in the morning with us so there is 3 of us, his name is Elder Carrillo from Monterey he is a really cool guy! He has helped me a lot, I have learned so much from the bible from him. I can teach way good with the bible now, he is a cool guy. My actual comp Elder Rivera is really cool too. He is from Veracruz and is just a super cool guy, he has helped me alot and is just super chill and cool. So as for my comps that’s going good, just one problem… we went to the doctor today cuz Elder Carrillo was hurting in his stomach and they found out he has a hernia!!! He has to have surgery, I feel so bad for him. We have to go to the surgeon tomorrow so ya things are a little complicated with all that, we will just have to see what happens. I will send pics home next week for you, sorry I have not in a long time. There just never is much time anymore, I’m always so busy.

So the story of the week… there is this little 12 year old girl in my ward and the other two elders kept telling me she was in love with me but I didn’t believe them. Her and her mom always say how handsome I am and I figured they are just joking but then she started saying other stuff and then on Sunday she just ran up and gave me a hug! I didn’t know what to do so I pushed her away and just avoided her. Then she ran by and I think went to hit my back to say “bye” but because I am so tall she hit my butt!!! So now my comps just talk crap about how she is in love with me, she is just a little 12 year old girl but it was just kinda funny!

I checked how much I weigh and it was 285lbs. I have lost again, 15 more pounds. I think it’s cuz I’m so stressed about my area. When I went to get my new comp I saw my bishop from my first area and he was just like “holy cow! You look so skinny. What happened?” He was just freaking out!!! It was cool cuz he could understand me now and I could understand him. He remembered me as a fat missionary who didn’t know Spanish lol. Now I’m skinnier and understand so it was cool to see him. He went off about how much better I look and how good my Spanish is so I felt good. I like being skinnier I feel better lol.

I can’t believe I am about to make 1 year! It feels like it went by so fast, but when I think about the last time I saw you guys it feels like a long time. I have learned so much this year and I know this is getting me ready for my future. I think that is it for this week, we don’t have much time since we had to go to the doctor and stuff. I’ll write next week ok, I love you all so much, thanks for all you do for me!!! See ya in a year hahahahahahaha!

Love you all,
Elder Fackler

No comments:

Post a Comment