Tuesday, July 20, 2010

E-Mail 7-19-10

Dear Mom,

Life here is going pretty good, God is really blessing us. We have 3 people that could get baptized this week and if they do they will save mine and my comps butts. We have not baptized yet this month cuz the area had no one when I got here. We have got to get these 3 people to get baptized or it is going to be a bad day in the neighborhood ha-ha!!! So pray for me and for them lol. I can’t believe Matt Jones is getting home, that’s scary. That means I'll be getting home soon ahhhh!!!

As for my health, I am doing alot better and feeling better. I have not really been sick at all in 3 weeks which is very good!!! I think my pets finally died which is so good. As for my zone we are doing ok. I took dads advice and had a cool meeting last week on teaching skills. It was cool I talked about teaching to people’s needs not just like robots. I had a tape recorder with a lesson on it and it was so funny. The tape would be teaching and ask a question like what is a prophet? The person would answer way wrong then I would turn the tape back on and it would be like “exactly!” then teach more! It was cool cuz it helped them see the importance of listening and then teaching to people’s needs. All the missionaries loved it. Then we just did a bunch of practices to help them fix their teaching so ya hope it works!

Also this week we had a way cool lesson. We are teaching this lady whose name is Lillian and she has gone to church alot and stuff but was scared to get baptized. My comp said he had tried but she didn’t want to, so I said I wanted to try. I went and started teaching her and I felt the spirit way strong, I just told her she knows the church is true and she is putting off an answer from God. I told her how much God loved her and all this stuff. The spirit was so strong, I just told her she had to show her faith to God and get baptized this Sat. and she was like “OK, I’ll do it!” It was so cool and so ya she is one of our baptisms. Let’s just hope she does it, lol but the lesson was so cool.

Today we went to the center of town and looked at the old Catholic churches. There is one on every block, so we went and looked at them. We went in and took pics and stuff but they are way crazy. There are huge statues of the saints and the Virgin and all this crap. I’m serious you can feel the spirit of the devil inside! It is so crazy and just weird, it felt weird inside, like bad. But I got cool pics lol! I’m just glad we have the truth!!!

As for my comp he is way cool, we are getting along good. It is freaking hot here ha-ha!!! It has not rained the last few days so it has not been too humid which is really good!!! Tell Madi I said “Happy Birthday!” I can’t believe she is such an old granny now lol! Love you guys tons! I’ll talk to you next week ok!

Love, Elder Fackler

No comments:

Post a Comment