Wednesday, June 17, 2009

E-Mail 6-15-09

Hey family,

This week has been so amazing! First off this week I was in this taxi and he was flying down the road cuz they rush everywhere here, all of a sudden there was a huge dip and we freaking ramped it. It was so crazy and cool lol.

Next thing, transfers were this week and I didn't get transferred I still have the same comp which is good I really like him (most the time) hahah. He is really cool. I had to go with our district leader and get evaluated to see if I was a good missionary. I rocked it!!! I did super good, he said I was amazing. My Spanish is getting better, I can talk now with a mixture of Spanish and sign language.

I got a turtle, hahaha it's name is Juan... since it's a Mexican turtle.

So on Friday my companion and I went to check on an inactive family. They were not there so I said we should knock the doors on the way down cuz it was at the top of an apartment complex. We did and on the third floor we found this church member who went inactive and started worshiping Santa Muerte which means St. Death. They think death is a spirit and it is the only sure thing in life. Because death was the only thing strong enough to kill Jesus they think it is the best power and worship it like a god, it's nuts!!! Anyway she had been worshiping that way for a while. But she said she was in the middle of a prayer asking our God what she needed to do with her life, she asked for a sign...and we knocked on her door!!! She had us take all of the death worshiping stuff out of her house. It was so cool to think God used me to answer someones prayers. She came to church and everything, it was super cool!

So next, on Sunday we fasted for a family we are teaching, their name is Familia Alejandro, to come to church. Church started and they were not there so I was super upset. Half way through sacrament meeting I was saying a prayer cuz I was so upset and then I looked up and Alejandro and his whole family were walking in and they stayed the whole time. It was so amazing, I saw our fast work. It really was so cool mom!!!

We have 5 people with a baptism dates, cool huh!!! I'm super excited and we should have 2 more tomorrow, so 7 all together. I feel like I am finally stating to see all my hard work pay off, I love it. I just wanna keep working hard.

Our house flooded, hahahah. One of the missionaries used our sink but no water came out so he just left it on thinking it didn't work. When we got home we had a flood, it sucked haha we had Noah's ark in are house.

OK about my comp cuz I always forget to tell you. He has been out for 15 months. He lives in Chihuahua. He is super fun and I love him. He knows so much about the church he reminds me of dad.

A few nights ago my comp got up to go to the bath room at like 12 and all of the sudden he just started screaming like a big fat girl. I got way scared, I thought someone had come out of the shower to kill him so I jumped up and went to see what was happening. All it was, was a cockroach. It was so funny I about died laughing!!!

So that's about it here, gotta go.

Love you all so much!
Elder Austin Fackler

No comments:

Post a Comment