Tuesday, August 18, 2009

E-Mail 8-17-09

Hey Family
I can't believe Bridger got hit by a car on the scooter that is so crazy, poor kid. It's good it is nothing super, super bad. Trestay( Spanish for freaking) old people, the lord really did protect him though and that is so good.

I baptized again, a lady named Martha. It was really good but I had to push her under kinda hard cuz she didn't wanna go under. I didn't wanna say the prayer twice so I pushed her under. She is so funny, she is a little old lady and just has the best attitude. We baptized her in 3 weeks so it was super fast. She was really ready.

Yesterday we knocked doors with the district and I had to knock with the elder with no excitement. We found 8 news in 30 min. It was so cool, I always find the most news it's a pride thing. I hate to lose so I work super hard and just use my personality and people let us in and listen. Yesterday I just kept asking people if we could sing for them and they would be like "no" and I would say "Come on have you ever heard a giant white American sing in Spanish? This is a once in a life time chance!" and they would laugh and let us in. We would sing a song about the plan of salvation and then talk about being with your family forever and they all said we could come back which was good. We found 8 people in thirty min. The next best missionaries found 2 in forty five min. So ya we rocked it hahaha!!!

So Spanish is starting to come along really fast. People understand me and my comp is helping me a ton. He is such a good missionary and has taught me so much. I'm loving it right now and we are working so hard. I feel like I am growing alot again as a missionary. With my last comp I didn't feel like I progressed at all but now I feel like I am getting better which is super good.

I don't need more money Mom, it's good to have it in there though. I took money out to buy a scripture case. There is a guy here who makes them for us but it is only in the zone I am in now. I bought one to have to remember my mission with. It is leather and has a pic of the Mexico City Temple on the front and my favorite scripture on the back and it has my name on it. It's all burned in the leather so I got it to remember my mission.

I don't have any more time, we have an appointment.
I love you all so much!
Tell Bridger I am sorry the old person used him for target practice!!!

All my love,
your son
Elder Fackler

I'll let you know asap when I get the package ok.
Tell Dad thanks for the letter it really helped me and Bishop Chenny too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment