Tuesday, February 2, 2010

E-mail 1-25-10

Hey guys sorry I took so long to write. This week has been really good. The name of my area is Santa Teresa it’s in the Estado de Mexico. The work here has been going really good. We are working really hard and have found alot of people. If things go good we should baptize about 8 in Feb. which will be super cool. We have had alot of success this week, we found a guy named Daniel who is just so cool. He went to church and is asking us about baptism and really is just super cool. Also this week we found this cool family who told us how they had talked to the missionaries before. They want to get baptized and they want to go to the temple, they are just super cool.

I have been progressing so much, I have been trying to study alot more and I have been trying to pray better. I have been working on being more humble and rely on the lord for everything. It has just been so cool. I have been trying really hard to not say anything negative about anything cuz it has been raining here alot and before I would always be like, it’s so cold it sucks! But this week I just decided I wanted to be better and not be negative so now when it rains I just say it is freezing cold just the way I like it lol! I’m just trying to be more positive and be more humble and it is going good.

So also it’s so funny there are so many people that have been yelling at us and swearing and stuff so we finally just said ok we are not going to take it anymore! So now when people yell we just go talk to them and it’s so funny cuz we are not mean, we just act lost. We go over and are like what’s up guys, were you calling us? It is so funny cuz they all get super scared cuz I am so big. They just say oh we didn’t say anything. It’s so funny cuz they think we will just walk away but we don’t, we just go over and are like what’s up, what did you say, and they get so scared.

My companion is so cool, he is helping me so much. I am doing so much better as a missionary and I am learning so much from him. I think I will only be with him this transfer but I’m just trying to learn all I can and be the best missionary I can. He really is helping me so much and I’m so glad cuz I needed a good comp and my comp is amazing!

I can’t believe Bridger is really going that is so crazy. He will do so good and change so many people’s lives. He just has such a love for everyone that he really will be great. I am so proud of him he is amazing. Tell him I said just tell people how it is be direct yet loving and never be afraid to just tell people they are wrong and you are there to help them come unto Christ, but say that in a loving way lol.

That is about it for this week sorry its short, we just had so much going on today. We had meetings as a zone and we played soccer after and then helped the zone leaders. Next week will be better and longer I promise. I love you guys I’ll write next week. Tell Bridger I said be great!!! Love you all!

Love Elder Austin King Fackler

No comments:

Post a Comment