Thursday, February 18, 2010

E-Mail 2-15-10

Hey everyone

How are you guys? I am doing good. It has been a long week. I started out on Tue. with a missionary that got home a week ago, working in my area. On Tue. night we saw a pregnant lady and her daughter moving these huge buckets of dirt so we decided we should help. Well it ended up being an hour and a half of carrying buckets of dirt to fill in her yard!!! It was not fun! I carried so much dirt I have bruises on my arms. I would carry 4 buckets at a time to look tough (ha-ha) 2 in my hands and 2 on my arms. I really just wanted to get done, it was a long hour and a half. So after the service my comp was just like “I got to go home” then he didn’t work with me all week. He just kept making stuff up so that he wouldn’t have to go. I think the service killed him! So all week I have been working with whoever I can during the day and some of it I couldn’t even find a comp. I only got to work like 2 and a half days of the week. I have been sleeping on the tile floor at the other missionary’s house so it has been a long week. One more week and then I’ll have a regular comp. again

OK, it is so much more stressful to be the Sr. comp, I don’t really like it ha-ha!!! If stuff goes wrong it’s all your fault, that is the only difference. I had a good week. I put 4 baptism dates up this week, had 3 in church for the 1st time and 2 for the second and I only got to work 2 and a half days!!! God really helped me cuz I had been so stressed. But it all worked out in the end.

The guy I baptized last week got the Holy Ghost this week. He is so amazing!!! He is going to be a bishop for real someday. I took money out so I could buy him a book of Mormon with the D and C and with the Pearl of Grand Price or however you say it in English. I took some money out because I have to buy everything for my young men I work with.

This week we had interviews with president, they were good. He told me he knew the next 2 weeks were going to be hard but that he knew I could do it and that I was going to grow so much. It really is so true, my Spanish has gotten way better and my teaching and everything have improved. You just learn alot when you have to do it all by yourself I have learned a ton this week!

When I get my new comp I’ll still be here in this area. I like it here, the members love me and take care of us really well. There is even a lady here that washes my cloths so I don’t have to and she washes them way good. It’s so cool our next door neighbors just got baptized and they love me so they always bring stuff to me at night like cake or tamales or tortas just way good food, they are so cool. I really like this area and this ward. I think it helps cuz I know what I’m supposed to do and I know Spanish and so I can use my personality here!

So I am a freak for sure now!!! We had a baptism on Sunday but we have to go to the other ward to baptize them cuz are prayer house doesn’t have a font. Anyway all the members in the other ward wanted pics and all this stuff cuz I’m so tall. The other missionaries there told me they always talk about me, they always say the giant missionary with beautiful eyes. I don’t know why everyone here likes my eyes. I think they changed colors or something cuz before it was not very common people would say stuff but now it is like every day. I really think the color changed, they are like orange on the inside then greenish blue now. I don’t know it’s probably just cuz they are not brown like everyone else’s.

So that is it for this week. I love you all and hope you are all doing good! Tell Bridger I said HI and he can do this! I love you guys!

Love Elder Fackler

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'm way jealous. Austin is a great letter writer. Nick stinks. Thanks for sharing. This is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete