Tuesday, February 23, 2010

E-Mail 2-22-10

Hey family

This week my camera broke... I don’t know what to do. A different missionary was taking a pic. with it and when he went to give it back it just slipped in between us. The lens inside broke. I don’t know what to do cuz I need a camera. I can’t take pics. of my baptisms or anything. I was so sad when it broke, I took it to an electronics guy here and he said it’s broken really bad so I have to buy a new one. They are alot here, my same camera would be like $200 here and in the US it was only $120. I feel so bad it broke. I have never dropped it or anything, it didn’t even have a scratch and now it is ruined!

This last week has been super good! I committed 5 people to get baptized in March and I took 4 to church for the first time, so that was 7 total. I did really good, it has really helped me to be with a youth. I have learned more these last 2 weeks than ever before. I’m really stressed and I’m losing weight again cuz I’m so stressed I think. But it’s all good I’ll just be even more handsome when I get home LOL.

I had a cool experience on Friday. I had 5 people who said they were going to go to church for the 1st time so I was feeling good! Then on Sat. the family of 3 I had couldn’t come cuz the dad got in a crash and was in the hospital. I only had 2 people so I got way stressed cuz my goal was 4. I didn’t know what to do so all afternoon we went by every investigator I could think of but still couldn’t find any one to come. At 6pm I was at the breaking point and I said “let’s say a prayer,” so we did. I prayed with all my heart and when we finished we just started walking. We were walking along and I saw a house and it popped into my head “knock there!” We were walking to a different appointment so I was just like “No,” then the youth that I was with said “Hey lets knock that house.” It was in the middle of a street with houses all around but he pointed at the same one I had felt, so I was like “OK.” So we went and knocked and they let us in and loved the message!!! They both came to church on Sunday, it was a way cool experience for me and the youth I was with!

This week I made a deal with a lady I’m teaching, I was telling her she had to stop smoking. She said “it’s so hard, I can’t.” Then she said it would be like if I just stopped drinking soda. So I just told her “OK I’ll stop drinking soda and you stop smoking!” So we drew up this agreement, it was just so funny. So I’m not drinking soda anymore, I haven’t since Tue. It’s hard but I’m doing it and she has not smoked, but ya it’s hard.

So as for me and my youth comp. it has been going good. I have had good youth and they all loved me. Two of the boys I worked with talked in church this week with me about missionary work and they said how cool their experience with me was. It was really cool, they both said they learned alot and want to do it again. So maybe I helped them or maybe they are just BIG butt kissers!!! LOL

My comp is cool, his name is Elder Rivera. He is from the north part of Mexico. He has more time in the mission then me by a few months but I am the senior comp. I’m excited for this change

That is it for this week.

I love you all!
Love Elder Fackler

No comments:

Post a Comment