Tuesday, September 21, 2010

E-mail 9-20-10

Dear family

Sorry I’m writing so late I had a very lovely day ha-ha!!! I got picked up by the border patrol ha-ha ya lol! Today we were waiting at the bus station for my companion and all the new people who were coming to the zone and the border patrol showed up. They asked us for copies of our visas and passports but we don’t have that stuff so we couldn’t show them we were legal…not good!!! There were two guys asking us for the papers and I was sitting down, they stated being rude SO……I stood up! All of a sudden there were 20 of them, ha-ha I scared them! So we didn’t have papers so they took us out to their police van. It was me and one other missionary and it was way funny. I just started joking with them I was like “Can we take pics this will be a cool story ha-ha!” and just started joking with them. By the time they all got back from finishing looking for more people they wanted to let us go cuz we were there friends but the boss said no. All the other missionaries got smuggled out so they wouldn’t get taken. Then they wanted to check other places so they took us with them to finish. So all day we were with the border patrol, crammed in their little police van and by the end they were our friends. They let us get out at stops and let me use the bathroom and joked with us. We helped them look for people and they bought us food!!! Finally after 7 hours of looking for people they took us to their office and the mission sent are papers and they let us go. But by the end all of them were telling us how cool we were and that we could visit and whatever we needed, they were there for us. They gave us hugs bye ha-ha! So ya at first I got picked up by the border patrol and finished the day helping them look for people. I kept telling them they had to pay us for our help. Cool story no??? We even taught them lesson one lol!

My new comps name is Elder Hull, he is from Kansas. He seems really cool and I really like him. I think we will get along good. My zone is doing good, we are going to complete our goals for the month. My zone is doing better and things are going good. Also this week we had a funny experience, we were knocking doors and we got in this lady’s house and she started saying that she had never had catholic missionaries visit before. Most of the time she doesn’t let people in cuz they are always like “o sister, o sister,” ha-ha. We started busting up laughing and my comp was like “sister we are not catholic,” and she got way embarrassed and was like “o crap.” so we taught her and stuff and she went to church and is way cool it was just funny she was making fun of us to are faces ha-ha.

this week was like the 4th of July here, we went up on our roof and watched fireworks and we ate cool food and had a little party! My comp was way in to it and made me laugh. It’s so cool Ross is going to have a boy is he happy? I’m excited for Madi, I hope she wins she is so funny!!! Darby’s hair looks good she looks allot different though ha-ha she grew up. I’m glad Bridger is feeling better and going again that’s got to be nice

We had another baptism this week. It’s a guy named Oscar, he is 27 he is so cool. He had been talking to the missionaries and going to church forever and we just taught him and he said he wanted to get baptized so we baptized him. He wanted me to do it but I let my comp do it since he was going home.

That is about it for this week, I don’t have too much time cuz the police took us ha-ha and I almost got deported lol!!! Ya I’m fine and it’s a funny story and I made new friends lol!!! I love you guys, I’ll talk to you next week. Hope all is well and thanks so much for your letter mom.

Love Elder Fackler

No comments:

Post a Comment