Wednesday, September 29, 2010

E-mail 9-27-10

Hey family

So I had the most spiritual experience of my mission! On Tue. a family I baptized last year called me and told me they had been trying to get a hold of me because they were going to get sealed in the temple on Sat. So I got to go on Saturday to the temple and watch a family I baptized get sealed in the temple! Yup better than any baptism!!! It was so cool, we got there and the dad walked up and hugged me and all the family hugged me then we went in to the sealing room and sat down. They did the marriage and the mom and dad were crying then they brought in the 2 sons who are 17 and 20 and sealed them as a family forever! Then they let them all stand up and look at their family in the mirrors and they all hugged. It was the strongest I have felt the spirit on my mission! They just hugged as a family and started to cry then the whole room did and it was just so amazing. We all got to tell them congratulations and the dad hugged me and just started to cry and said “Thank you for knocking on my door and giving me an eternal family!” Ya I lost it, I started crying and just hugged him for a few min. Best experience of my life, it makes a baptism feel like nothing to see your converts get sealed in the temple!

I have been doing good, my comp is really good and I really like him. He is from Kansas and is just super cool, I think I might ask president to leave me here for 2 changes with him not just one. My zone was the best zone, we baptized the most in the mission… well my zone and another tied so we won! My zone gets to go to the temple as a reward. My zone completed its goal and me and my comp did too. I’m way happy I’m doing so good, I love it! I just have to stay humble so God will keep blessing me and my zone cuz we really are being so blessed by God.

I am pretty excited about this change, we took 8 people to church and have 10 that can get baptized this month so we should have a good month. I just want to keep it going, I want to baptize 1 a week for my last six months. I have been doing it so I just want to keep going and working hard. I want to be the best I can. I have baptized 12 in the last 12 weeks so I just want to keep it going and baptize one for every week I’m here till I finish.

I’m not sure what I want to do when I get home. I still want to be a pediatrician when I get home and play football but I don’t know if I want to go to Dixie or to SUU. I’ll have to see what I feel with fasting and praying when I get home. It will all workout, God will take care of me if I take care of him so I’ll figure it all out when I get home. That is about it for this week, I love you guys tons and hope all is well! I’ll write next week, love you all!

Love, Elder Fackler

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great letter. Thanks for sharing. Elder Fackler, you are rocking Mexico.... what a great example of dedication and commitment. Well done Elder..... keep up the hard work. Sure do love our Elders.

    ReplyDelete